How do you lose weight? How do you work towards the life you want?

SHEER. GRIM. DETERMINATION.

(and a healthy sense of humor)


1/16/10

Day 14 - Going Bananas

Two weeks. That's right, two weeks of crawling out of bed at 5:30 in the morning, a little later on the weekends, and working out for at least 30 minutes. It's a milestone, right? I think so...no...I DEEM it so! I've started a routine of eating a banana before my workout, somewhere I read that was a good idea. What initially started my hunt for what to eat before a workout was an article I read that said eating 90 minutes before working out was optimal, but that is not an option for me since I have to workout first thing or else my fully awake brain will find a devious scheme to derail the plan.

I love working out with the Wii. I was doing Wii Fit Plus the first week and have moved on to My Fitness Coach. The main reason was to make sure I am kept interested and having to workout for 2-6 minutes with the Wii and pick another activity is really annoying in the morning. I did 45 minutes of cardio on the Wii this morning and it was a good workout. I don't know what I will do if I go to a class with a living breathing trainer. I am so used to cussing out the fit bodied trainer's avatar on the screen that I don't know if I could curb that urge in public. I picked up some other Wii workout games and some DVDs so I am excited to try those out to. Tae Bo anyone?

While driving to Chick-Fil-A this afternoon (that's right! EVIL!) I realized my weight loss goal is eerily similar to my birth weight - 77 lbs., born 7 lbs. 7 oz. It's a sign! Of what? Not sure.

I have so many things to do this weekend, and have I started any of it? No. I have a set to design, homework to do and house cleaning. It's only 4pm, I could get something done today...then again The Book of Eli is also calling my name...I will go grocery shopping tomorrow. I eat so much better when I get in a weekly shopping routine, so it has to be done.

1 comment:

  1. Do you really get a good workout with the Wii? Do you sweat like you would on a treadmill?

    ReplyDelete