How do you lose weight? How do you work towards the life you want?

SHEER. GRIM. DETERMINATION.

(and a healthy sense of humor)


1/30/10

Day 28 - Blogger Award and Weigh-In

Afternoon bloggerland,

I had a weigh-in this morning, good news, I lost 2 lbs, yea! I think it would've been more if I wasn't sick the past couple days, but I'm glad I broke the 2 lbs mark.

In more local news, 266 was kind enough to bestow my first blogger award on me, yea! I'm amazed at the amount of quality bloggers I have found over the past month, and I am so glad I decided to enter bloggerland to help with my weight loss journey.

To celebrate this award I need to first list 10 things that make me happy:

1. My brother, I don't know how I would've survived without him.
2. My BFF, Andi, I am so lucky to have a friend that "gets me" and listens to my constant stream of bullsh*t.
3. Being independent - owning a home, paying bills off - never thought I would make it here.
4. Theatre - watching it, working in it, living it.
5. Working with teenagers - believe it or not.
6. Road trips!!!
7. My bed, my comfy comfy bed.
8. Finally, FINALLY, working towards a healthier life.
9. Completing a project.
10. Endless possibilities.

And now to recognize some others, I went through all the bloggers I am currently following and being followed by, tried to find folks I enjoy that haven't recently received an award:

1. Tisha at http://tallensweightloss.blogspot.com/
2. Little Ms Blogger at http://littlemsblogger.blogspot.com/
3. Tina at http://fatgirldivesin.blogspot.com/
4. Get Fit After 40 at http://getfitby40.blogspot.com/
5. Missa at http://losingethel.blogspot.com/
6. Carolina Girl at http://thirtyawakenings.blogspot.com/
7. She Woke Up Fat at http://shewokeupfat.blogspot.com/

Ok, only made it to 7, most people I have met in bloggingland have recently won one (that's how I found them:) But I love these blogs so I would like to give them one. Not that I don't love the other blogs (holy crap, why am I feeling so guilty)...

Anyway, I'm sure if I win another one I will be following even more peeps and feel like I have a right to give it to anyone I d*mn well please (not that I didn't want to give it to the 7 listed above - holy sh*t what is wrong with me today?!?).

I'm going to stop while I am (semi) ahead.

Love you all in bloggerland, will talk to you soon!

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support on my site! I love your blog title and subtitle. Seems like you are off to a great start. Looking forward to helping each other out. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job losing those 2 lbs even while sick! I know so many people struggling through colds right now. Just got over one myself. Hope you're feeling better! It sounds like you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award! Doing dance for the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks for nominating me! That is just so cool! Just wow! I don't even have 10 followers :-) Have a great start of the week and kick some tail! RAH RAH!

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats you got an award! WOO whoooo you lost 2 more pounds! You are doing great keep it up.

    Thank you for passing the award on to me,it always makes me feel honored when a fellow blogger thinks of me. However do to previous blog award experiences I am opting to keep this one an award free blog. Please don't think me a sourpuss I really am pleased to have been asked.

    Namasday... ( you have the power within you )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss and the award!!

    My bed is one of my favorite things too!!

    ReplyDelete