How do you lose weight? How do you work towards the life you want?

SHEER. GRIM. DETERMINATION.

(and a healthy sense of humor)


1/22/10

Day 20 - Long Hallways


My morning brain has started catching on to what is in store each morning, so getting up to do them has been a little rough this week, but I've still managed to kick my a** out of bed. I've had a couple late nights for homework and work but when I'm running late I still manage to do 20 minutes of cardio.I have been going up and down the two flights of stairs at work more to compensate a little. I have a weigh-in coming up on Saturday. Not sure if I will want to kiss or punch my Wii Balance Board, but we shall find out. I have been weighing in everyday and it is not looking like this will be a loss week, but I will try and trick my awake brain into a second workout tonight. I know I probably shouldn't weigh in every morning, but when I'm not using the Wii Fit Plus to workout I still don't want to miss my Mii's fist punch when I check in for the day. 

I’ve seen a lot of "small" ways to help with weight loss, you can modify your everyday activities to burn more calories throughout the day.

  • Take the stairs instead of the elevator
  • Park far away from the store
  • Take a lap around the grocery store before shopping
  • Do leg lifts while sitting at your desk
  • Crunches while watching TV
  • Take my cats for a walk (my mom so wants a picture)

There is a long hallway (think The Shining) that I go through to get to the break room. I’ve started upping my pace on how fast I am walking down this bright white hallway. Who knows, before you know it, my co-workers may have the joy of watching my swishing butt speed walking down the hall.


BTW, I am completely psyched about now receiving some comments on my blog - for a some days I felt like a weight loss blog loser. Reminded me a lot of high school. Reading and lamenting about how awesome other people's blogs were, hoping they might look my way...and some of them have! Thanks to you commenters I feel like I have a blog-a-sphere home. I will try to keep it interesting and updated.


4 comments:

  1. You have a good blog. Sometimes it takes time to get readers, but I think you're on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know how you think you wont have a loss this week.....you are doing everything JUST RIGHT! Good for you! Your awake brain is in the right mode! And I would like to see a pic of you walking your cats too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes time to build up readers. Don't worry it will come. I haven't been blogging that long, but one thing I have learned quickly...don't compare yourself to others. Chances are there will always be someone funnier, crazier, wittier, smarter whatever...so just do your thing and don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above comments entirely.

    I remember when I first started and saw all the followers and comments some of the blogs got and I would say to myself "I will never have that many people following MY blog" and low and behold I have 219 followers. DM said it best though - do your thing and don't worry about it.

    P.S. A good way to get more readers is to bounce around some of the blogs and leave comments.

    ReplyDelete